Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sunday Easter Sunday

sorry for the lack of updates. that damn stomach flu really kept me down for days so not much really happened except my nights at Club Pillow.
i did sneak out for a bit on friday night after watching 2 depressing ass episodes of 6 Feet Under. after prying my wilted body off the couch and cleaning off my mascara smeared face, i headed down to the elbo room for Pizzapalooza. all the lads from Arinells Pizza on Valencia had a showcase of their bands such as The Cuts, Genghis Kahn, and Parchman Farm. good show, good time.
spent saturday morning watching the last 2 episodes of the last season of Six Feet Under. again, got all sad pants and had to leave the house. my lady tracy and i spent the day walking the mission, found ourselves giddily approaching St Francis Fountain shop and headed in for some Banana Split love. stepped on over to deirdre's for a quick game of scrabble, and then headed to blockbuster to close the night with a flick. it was so nice to take advantage of the city blocks without the rain.

my folks came to town for Easter. it's my mom's favorite holiday.
she makes me a basket every year.


she also dyes eggs, prices each one, and then makes me hunt for them. yeah, it's embarrasing, but it's also really funny when you do that, and then get a birthday cake for your 30th birthday 5 minutes later.


and no, it's not my birthday yet. it's on the 26th. but my cousin wanted to give me a gift and cake since she won't be around for my actual birthday.

there was also this little pup at our easter celebration.
here i nerd out with a few cute dog pictures.





he can even dance in a trench coat.


and here is my new little cousin MaddyRu (short for Madeline Ruby). it's exciting to have a new baby in the family. holidays seem to have so much more purpose somehow.



one day Maddy will take over the egg hunt for me.
i'm sure i'll be jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home